As a Hampton Roads wedding DJ/MC I'm all about that Bride! Check out some fun trivia questions where the answer is always 'C'.....
Men who kiss their wives in the morning are said to live how many years longer than those who don't?
a) 10 years b) 15 years c) 5 years
(and guys, may I suggest to brush first! I know in the movies that couples kiss passionately after sleeping all night but that's not real!)
How can you know whether or not you are engaged to a good marriage partner?
a) he's rich b) he's good and plenty c) by how big his smile was in his high school or college yearbook. Big smile = good partner
(if your current partner didn't smile, don't worry, maybe he forgot his homework)
The average married couple has sex how many time a year on average?
a) once a week b) once a day c) 68 times a year, a little more than once a week
(I kinda wish the answer was b.....)
The word Bride comes from an old proto-Germanic word meaning...
a) I'm #1 b) worship me c) to cook
(I'm not making this stuff up)
Most married couples are happiest in their blank year of marriage.
a) the first year b) the 5th year c) the 3rd year
(can you go back and relive your 3rd year LOL?)
Hey thanks for swinging by and playing the "the answer is always C." Please pass my name along if you know of a bride that might be looking for a wedding MC/DJ! You can check out my reviews on www.weddingwire.com
Red Robin are you out of your mind? No they're not but get a "bite" of this deal. A Red's Tavern Double Burger with Bottomless Steak Fries for just $6.99! That's a "get out of the kitchen and take the family to dinner" price my friends.I had the Burnin' Love burger with jalapenos, pepper jack cheese and salsa! Yum! Thanks Whitney at our neighborhood Red Robin was terrific. Remember, Red Robin the place to go for a great tasting burger. With over 24 different burgers to choose from they have something for everyone!
If Santa Claus (in the form of your fiancé) placed a ring on your finger for the holidays, congratulations! I thought I’d share a few stats about weddings in Hampton Roads courtesy of theweddingreport.com
Year End Wedding Statistics Summary for Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA
Number of Weddings 13,386
Average Wedding Cost $26,683
Average Number of Guests 159 – 169
That is a lot of I do’s! One of the must do events is the Show Bride wedding fair on January 25th at the Newport News Marriott at City Center. Dream weddings don't just happen. They are planned! Relying on experience, training, tradition and old-fashioned intuition, certified planners at the Marriott help you determine an overall vision for your wedding and help you execute each detail, which includes setting an event budget, deciding on a menu, arranging table settings, and finding florists, photographers, and entertainment for your big day!
Listen to me in January for a chance to win free tickets. Brides & Guests are $5 tickets online or $10 at the door. Those arriving before 2pm become VIP attendees to gain access into The Rotunda after registration, to see and hear what this wonderful venue has to offer. At 2pm, doors will open to the The Grand Ballroom with the fashion show featuring David's Bridal and The Men's Wearhouse in The Pearl Ballroom scheduled for 4pm in the last hour. And remember, there are always great things to win like free wedding bands, Las Vegas vacation and more.
Get even more details at www.showbride.com and www.djbarrymckay.com
From my friends at Zankyou.com here are a few tips if you are going to pop the question this Christmas!
1. If you’re having lunch with her family, you’re either pretty close or have been stuck in bad weather! I hope it’s the former, and if that’s the case, what better moment to share than this one? However, don’t underestimate the dad’s reaction…especially if there are guns in the house.
2. Do it when you are exchanging gifts. “Oh, open this one, open this one!” Remember, nice packaging will get you everywhere.
3. If you’re not together, but you really want to seize the Christmas moment, you could do it over the phone or via a video call. I strongly recommend however that if you can, wait til the next time you meet her, it’s nicer ; )
4. And as you know, there are plenty of people who have made a show out of getting engaged. I don’t know if you have to go this far, but hey, there’s nothing that will warm the cockles of a crowd’s heart like a bit of romance! For upcoming bridal shows in Hampton Roads check out www.showbrides.com and if you are looking for an MC/DJ for you wedding reception, check me out at www.djbarrymckay.com
Yes, we know, nobody likes waking up Monday morning. But what if you hate your job and don't even REALIZE it. Here are three signs . . .
1. You feel like you do a mediocre job, even though you work REALLY hard. In other words, you struggle to be good at your job, because it's not something you're NATURALLY good at. And if that's the case, you probably don't like your job.
2. You take a lot of sick days, and can't wait for the weekend. Which describes, well . . . all of us? Obviously EVERYONE likes weekends. But the point is you shouldn't hate your job so much that you're MISERABLE the rest of the week.
3. You HATE it when people ask what you do. Which happens all the time when you meet people. And whether you're ASHAMED of your job, or you just don't like talking about it, it's a sign that you should probably look for a DIFFERENT job.
As a wedding DJ/MC, I’m always interested in knowing what the hottest trax are for wedding receptions! Here’s my list of the top 10 most requested wedding reception dance songs so far in 2014. This list is unique to Hampton Roads. Here it is…drum roll please…..
Jump Around/House Of Pain
Blurred Lines/Robin Thicke
Don’t Stop Believing/Journey
Cha Cha Slide/Mr. C
Can’t Hold Us/Macklemore
Wagon Wheel/Old Crow Medicine Show
If you were getting married, what song would add to my list?
There is no comparison! My curb appeal more than tripled thanks to Mark at Reitzel Roofing. Mark and his company were professional and super friendly. And they work quick. We love our new archetecual shingles that just made our home pop! Get some great info at 757roofer.com
Good news for guys: Here are four weird things that might actually HELP you attract women: Body odor . . . scars and blemishes . . . feminine traits like being sensitive . . . and awkwardness. Not everyone is attracted to the same stuff. In other words. . . . guys . . . something you don't like about yourself could actually be SEXY to someone else. Check out four weird things that are supposedly huge turn-ons for women.
1. Body Odor. Not all women want you to smell like cologne . . . or Axe Body Spray . . . or whatever ELSE you use to smell good. There's a lot to be said for just smelling like a MAN. Just make sure you're clean and that you showered recently. You don't want your natural scent to be TOO overpowering.
2. Scars and Blemishes. Women are attracted to scars and blemishes because they tell a story. Any interesting blemish will do the trick . . . a birthmark, a distinctive mole, or a scar on your cheek from when you cut yourself as a kid.
3. Stereotypically Feminine Traits. Yes, some women DO like tough, manly men. But there are just as many who prefer gentle, sensitive guys who are in touch with their feelings.
4. Awkwardness. Awkward guys get a bad rap. But not ALL women feel the same way. Nerdiness has become a more acceptable "thing" lately, and you'd be surprised at how many ladies will like your gawky side.
So how many times a day do you find yourself angry at work? On average, a person in the workplace gets angry on the job twice a day.But what really drives you to the boiling point? I am for the most part,an easy going type guy.It really takes a lot to rattle my chain.And maybe most of you are the same way.But there is always that one pet peeve,well actually at least two a day that turn any Dr Jekyll into a raging Mr Hyde!
According to a recent survey,these are the Top 10 things that really get you fired up at the office.Please feel free to add your own comment if whatever gets your goat is not included in the results.
1. Other coworkers taking credit for your work.
2. Computer problems . . . from crashes to the Internet going out.
3. Rude clients.
4. Arguments over making the coffee.
5. Not having time for a lunch break.
6. The mere fact that it's Monday and the weekend is over.
7. People talking to you when you're trying to concentrate.