We've heard 'em all right? NOPE! I was talking to a friend of mine over some delicious Blue Moons about some of the greatest, most cornball pick up lines we have ever heard so I sought out more! Chuckle away haha.
- Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material. - Are you an orphanage? Cause I wanna give you kids. - Let's make like a fabric softener and 'Snuggle' - You better call Life Alert, 'cause I've fallen for you and I can't get up. - If it weren't for that DAMNED sun, you'd be the hottest thing ever created.
****And for the record.... this one is GENIUS- My buddies bet me that I wouldn't be able to start a conversation with the most beautiful girl in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?
You know you were always curious! Listed in no particular order...
- Mojito - Although a drink made with sugar screams “back away!” for the waistline-conscious, you can request half the simple syrup—or ditch it altogether. Mint, lime, and soda water are all naturally low-cal, a shot of rum is about 100 calories, and 2 tbsp. of sugar (half the normal serving) in the form of syrup is about 40 calories.
- Rum and Diet Coke - Ah, the classic rum and Coke—minus the, well, Coke. Enid Cortes, bartender at New York City’s Royalton Hotel, says a white rum and diet cola is a good choice to cut the calories. Or try a spiced rum to give the drink a kick.
- Sea Breeze -If you usually order a vodka-cranberry, try a sea breeze. The 4 oz. of grapefruit juice, 1½ oz. of cranberry juice, and 1 oz. of vodka will set you back about 180 calories.
- Vanilla Vodka with Diet Ginger Ale - For a drink that tastes like a slice of cake, order a diet ginger ale and vanilla vodka. If you use a single shot of liquor, it’s less than 100 calories—and sugar-free. - Tequila and Soda - Cortes says to ditch the sugar-laden margarita and say viva la tequila on the rocks with club soda for a 100-calorie drink. Add a squeeze of lime to up the refreshment factor. - Champagne - Forget choosing between wine and beer. A 4-oz. glass of bubbly is only 85 calories. That’s about 15 calories less than a 12-oz. bottle of light beer or a 4-oz. glass of wine—and let’s be honest: The average glass of wine is usually at least twice that size. - Sour-Apple Martini - We bet you thought this list was going to be filled with sippers like white-wine spritzers. Guess again. While we don’t recommend a Carrie Bradshaw-approved cosmo (it has more than 250 calories), that doesn’t mean all martinis are off limits. Try a sour-apple one, made with 2 1/2 oz. sour mix and 3/4 oz. each vodka and sour apple liqueur, for a 160-calorie treat. - Vodka and Diet Lime-Flavored Soda Like Sprite Zero or Diet Sierra Mist - No, it’s not the most glamorous drink at the bar, but it is refreshing (and refreshingly low in calories—under 100!). Plus, it’s clear, so your dry cleaner will thank you if you spill any on your new party dress. - Gin and Tonic - It’s always good to have a go-to drink, and unless you’re still in school, a vodka and Red Bull doesn’t count. Up your sophistication level while lowering your calorie count by ordering a G&T. There are 103 calories in 1 oz. gin and 3 oz. tonic.
1.) The Grammy Awards! (FEB 8) -Hello?! They are going to be incredible this year. Hosted by LL Cool J (not stoked on that but hell, why not) But Madonna, Ed Sheeran, AC/DC, Ariana Grande, Miranda Lambert, Sam Smith, and more... I mean DAMN!
2.) WooWoo PREGGERS! -So excited for my fabulous coworker! She is due in just a few months and I cannot wait to see that adorable little child!
3.) Taylor Swift - Not sure what I expect from this girl but she has definitely won me over these past couple of months! I need her to date someone famous, preferably older, and to kill it with yet another video of her smashing rumors.
I know it's only the first week of 2015 but I already have some awesome new discoveries!!!!
In no particular order...
1.) The Thug Cookbook "Cook Like You Give a F***" - It has awesome healthy recipes and is so friendly to those who don't have an enormous amount of cooking experience. Plus, there are about 800 curse words per page... I mean who doesn't enjoy that?
2.) "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee"- An online miniseries created by one of my favorite men in the world Jerry Seinfeld. He interviews comedians, in a special car, on their way to get coffee and then in the coffee shop. It is super informal and so funny. It has been going on for a while now but I have just recently discovered it. It's located at comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com in case you couldn't figure that out haha
3.) "The Blacklist"- It's an NBC drama, in fact their number 1 drama, and has, I believe, 3 seasons. The first season is on Netflix is absolutely INTOXICATING. I can never just watch one episode. James Spader plays an untouchable criminal who turns himself in to the FBI in order to help them (and himself) to hunt down other criminals who wronged him (known as the Blacklist). It has so many wonderful twists and turns that right when you think you have everything figured out... you DON'T. BE AWARE: You will think about it night and day, you will avoid peeing during the show because you don't want to miss a thing, and you will refuse to leave the house until you've watched enough episodes to satify your daily craving for MORE! Love. it.
Considering it's only January 6th, I will have more reviews and recommendations coming soon!
Taylor Swift does what many artists do not. She really takes the time to show her appreciation to the fans that have been with her since day one. She makes them feel like they really matter, because to her they do. She evens WRAPS the gifts that she went shopping for herself. It's no surprise that she was voted 2014's most charitable celebrity. Check out the video and see for yourself. Very heartwarming.