This past weekend Kyle and I had the opportunity to have a photoshoot with one of our good friends Mallorie Byrum.
Working in the media, I’m use to having my picture taken, or pose for many photo opportunities but never have I scheduled an actual photoshoot! So I was really excited about it! I’ve always wanted candid photos of Kyle and I.
Not only did I get to share this great opportunity with Kyle, AND Mallorie, but I even got to have my make up done professionally by one of her friends Rachel Reid, who has her own business Rachel Reid Make-up Artistry. I’m usually picky about makeup, I don’t wear much and if I do I always end up messing it up from playing outside haha, but Rachel went all out!! I even got to wear fake eyelashes! At first it felt funny but I got the hang of it after a while haha I’ve never been more satisfied before in my life. I’ve had my makeup done for prom, you know, occasional high school dances, way backkkkk then, but I always hated it so I never tried it out again, but she knows exactly what she’s doing!
She’s so incredibly talented. She really gets to know you and creates the vision you are going for! She is such a friendly, funny and honest person. Wonderful, talented and amazing. She made me feel like a princess; talking about girly things, clothes, where we were going to take photos.. all while kyle watched fishing shows and drank beer haha
Once my beautiful face was on we hit the road to Fort Boykin! Again, another first for me, I’ve never been there but boy was this place beautiful! It’s located in Smithfield.
Atop a bluff overlooking the James River, the site’s commanding view makes it a keen place for photography. There was a beach, as well as trails and cottages throughout that gave it some southern charm. It was the perfect place to take photos.
We walked all throughout the park; down on the beach, changed outfits many times, and had an amazing time! Not only is Mallorie incredibly gifted, and has an eye for beauty, she got me and Kyle to just relax and be goofy infront of that big ol’ lens!
Her personality/demeanor/down-to-earth vibe was a HUGE factor. She made sure Kyle and I were both comfortable and we genuinely had an overall fantastic time!
One of my favorite things about her photography is that it’s not ‘classic’. She goes above and beyond! Its not your usual cliché couples photos that you get from her, we did all kinds of posses, stunts, faces, everything! Haha You know those pictures you see on pinterest or online of the most cutest couples or kids or weddings?! Yeah, she can make that happen with you, shes not afraid and she will crack that shell of yours if you have one!
I was sent a few previews from the shoot I’d like to share, and I cannot wait to see the rest. Below is an upclose shot of my makeup to show you the work of Rachel Reid, and a few photos of kyle and I on this very fun day. As well as a photo of Mallorie, myself and Rachel.
You can also check out Rachel Reids blog post where she interviews Mallorie! Such a great team together. And most importantly, I know exactly who im going to for makeup from here on out, and I know just the person to capture memories for me… We’ve sealed the deal! It's a commitment!
Mallorie Danielle is an upcoming photographer located in Suffolk Virginia with a sweet touch of southern charm. Specializing in Maternity Sessions, Senior and Engagement Portraits, Weddings, Boudoir and Female Portraits.
We all want to be Bikini ready! But we all have our own reasons if we dont work out, well you dont necessarily need too! I found this article and wanted to share it with you!!
5 Ways To Get A Bikini-Ready Body Without Diet And Exercise from ivillage.com
Perfect Your Posture Many people have the tendency to constantly slump over and that can make you look heavier than you really are. For an instantly slimmer stature, “keep your head up and your shoulders back and down. And whenever you think about it, use your ab muscles to pull your belly button up and in towards the spine.” This will quickly straighten your middle and tone deep abdominal muscles, giving your core a flatter look.
Make Fiber Your Friend Complex carbohydrates are a flat-stomach secret weapon. Unlike simple carbs -- think chips and cookies -- fruits, vegetables and whole grains are naturally packed with fiber, a nutrient that moves food through your body, reduces bloat, and has been shown to reduce body weight in numerous studies.
Give in to the Giggles There’s a reason they call it a “belly laugh”: Laughter is a bona fide stomach flattener! Laughing tones a group of stomach muscles called transverse abdominus. That’s crucial, because most forms of exercise can’t isolate these muscles, which are key to having a flat, toned belly.” For a slimmer, sexier stomach, Mansour recommends a minimum of 10 minutes of hearty laughing a day.
Squeeze in a Snack Two studies from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey recently revealed that the more frequently people snacked, the less likely they were to have excess abdominal fat. That’s because snacking keeps you from getting too hungry, which can lead you to overeat, and prevents the body from making excess hormones like cortisol and estrogen, both of which have been shown to contribute to belly fat.
Slurp Down a Papaya Smoothie Papaya, a tropical fruit found in many grocery stores, naturally eases constipation and bloating, both of which can make you look larger and feel miserable too. The fruit contains an enzyme that mimics the body’s own digestive enzymes. That’s why it’s been used for centuries as a stomach-soother. Papaya is very tasty raw, but for a sweet treat, combine it with a cup of ice and plain yogurt for a delicious, daily slimming smoothie. Bonus: Papaya is a rich source of vitamins C and A, two powerful antioxidants linked to increased immunity and disease prevention.
Found this on cosmopolitan.com, thought I'd Share! haha
1. We're cleaner. A study from San Diego State University of offices across the U.S. found that men’s desks and offices are germier than women's. Researchers discovered that men had anywhere from 10 to 20 percent more bacteria in their workspaces than women—and scientists say it's because they tend to be less hygenic.
2. We interview better. A new study out of the University of Western Ontario found that women are better at handling the stress of a job interview. Researchers found that, while women get more freaked beforehand about interviewing, we do better in the actual event.
3. We evolve hotter. A recent study revealed that women are getting better looking through evolution; meanwhile, men are staying the same.
4. We survive car accidents more often. This is sad but true: Men are 77 percent more likely to die in a car accident than women, according to a study done by Carnegie Mellon University.
5. We're better at seeking comfort. A Mind survey of 2,000 people revealed that women are far more likely than men to talk through their problems. Fifty-three percent of women talk to their friends about what's stressing them out, as opposed to 29 percent of men.
6. We're more recession-proof. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 80 percent of those who have lost their jobs since December 2007 have been men.
7. We graduate college more often. We already know that female enrollment is higher than male, but the Department of Education's statistics reveal that men are also less likely than women to graduate and get their bachelor's degrees. Men are also more likely to take longer than five years to complete their degree.
8. We eat healthier. A survey of more than 14,000 people, conducted by the University of Minnesota, showed that women choose far healthier foods than men. While men are more likely to chow down on frozen pizza and red meat, women are piling fruits and veggies onto their plates.
9. We have stronger immune systems. No wonder men act like such babies when they have a sniffle — women really do have stronger immune systems than men! If there are little battles going on in our bodies, women have a secret weapon: estrogen.
10. We live longer. Among the world's population of those who are over 100 years old, 85 percent are women, according to the New England Centenarian Study. In general, women continue to live five to 10 years longer than men as well.