As a wedding DJ/MC, I’m always interested in knowing what the hottest trax are for wedding receptions! Here’s my list of the top 10 most requested wedding reception dance songs so far in 2014. This list is unique to Hampton Roads. Here it is…drum roll please…..
Jump Around/House Of Pain
Blurred Lines/Robin Thicke
Don’t Stop Believing/Journey
Cha Cha Slide/Mr. C
Can’t Hold Us/Macklemore
Wagon Wheel/Old Crow Medicine Show
If you were getting married, what song would add to my list?
There is no comparison! My curb appeal more than tripled thanks to Mark at Reitzel Roofing. Mark and his company were professional and super friendly. And they work quick. We love our new archetecual shingles that just made our home pop! Get some great info at 757roofer.com
Good news for guys: Here are four weird things that might actually HELP you attract women: Body odor . . . scars and blemishes . . . feminine traits like being sensitive . . . and awkwardness. Not everyone is attracted to the same stuff. In other words. . . . guys . . . something you don't like about yourself could actually be SEXY to someone else. Check out four weird things that are supposedly huge turn-ons for women.
1. Body Odor. Not all women want you to smell like cologne . . . or Axe Body Spray . . . or whatever ELSE you use to smell good. There's a lot to be said for just smelling like a MAN. Just make sure you're clean and that you showered recently. You don't want your natural scent to be TOO overpowering.
2. Scars and Blemishes. Women are attracted to scars and blemishes because they tell a story. Any interesting blemish will do the trick . . . a birthmark, a distinctive mole, or a scar on your cheek from when you cut yourself as a kid.
3. Stereotypically Feminine Traits. Yes, some women DO like tough, manly men. But there are just as many who prefer gentle, sensitive guys who are in touch with their feelings.
4. Awkwardness. Awkward guys get a bad rap. But not ALL women feel the same way. Nerdiness has become a more acceptable "thing" lately, and you'd be surprised at how many ladies will like your gawky side.
So how many times a day do you find yourself angry at work? On average, a person in the workplace gets angry on the job twice a day.But what really drives you to the boiling point? I am for the most part,an easy going type guy.It really takes a lot to rattle my chain.And maybe most of you are the same way.But there is always that one pet peeve,well actually at least two a day that turn any Dr Jekyll into a raging Mr Hyde!
According to a recent survey,these are the Top 10 things that really get you fired up at the office.Please feel free to add your own comment if whatever gets your goat is not included in the results.
1. Other coworkers taking credit for your work.
2. Computer problems . . . from crashes to the Internet going out.
3. Rude clients.
4. Arguments over making the coffee.
5. Not having time for a lunch break.
6. The mere fact that it's Monday and the weekend is over.
7. People talking to you when you're trying to concentrate.
by Joe with songs from the attic,posted Aug 1 2013 3:05PM
And an ability to attract is exactly what this latest outing “Magnetic”, from the Goo Goo Dolls accomplishes .From the first track "Rebel Beat" to the closing track,"Keep The Car Running" this release defines the band that is justifiably the best export from Buffalo, New York since the hot wing.I will go on record,(pun not intended),and declare that this is the best Goo Goo Doll album to date. With one hit "Rebel Beat" already huge at radio,the band has announced that "Come To Me" will be the next single from the album.And I am sure you will be hearing it here on the Point soon.There are so many potential hits on this record.My favorite track is "When The World Breaks Your Heart" and I suspect that it will eventually find it's way to radio.The Goo Goo Dolls will be here in Virginia Beach with Matchbox Twenty at Farm Bureau Live on August 8th.And be sure to stay tuned to The Point to win your way into a private acoustic performance with The Goo Goo Dolls.
So what is your favorite Goo Goo Doll song?Thought I would share my Top 5.
A new survey (and there are so many surveys!) asked women what age you should stop wearing some of the younger, sexy fashion choices: You should stop wearing short shorts at 35 . . . belly button piercings at 35 . . . miniskirts at 37 . . . bikinis at 40 . . . and stilettos at 41.
Do you agree or disagree with this scientific (not) study?
A new survey asked 2,000 women to pick the age when they should stop wearing some of the younger, sexier fashion choices. Here are the average cut-off ages . . .
Crop tops that show off your midriff
Really short shorts
Belly-button rings and piercings
But here’s the part I like….16% of women surveyed disagreed with ALL of this . . . and said as long as you can pull it off, there's no age limit on ANY type of clothing.
A slow computer! And one in three people have YELLED at their computer. The rest of the top five annoying things are: People who leave clothes on the floor . . . a sink full of dirty dishes . . . a leaky faucet . . . and leaving the toilet seat in the wrong position.
Here’s the rest of the survey!
1. A slow computer. One in three people have YELLED at their computer . . . and 6% of people say that they feel better after HITTING their computer.
2. People who leave their clothes on the floor.
3. A sink full of dirty dishes.
4. Leaky faucets.
5. Leaving the toilet seat in the wrong position.
6. Your significant other.
7. Annoying neighbors.
Thanks for dropping by my blog. Check out 8 things happy couples do (I wake each morning and look at my wife and say “I’m sorry” because I know it’s just a matter of time until I need to say it, that could be number 9) Enjoy- Barry
1. Share responsibilities: Four out of five happy couples share decision-making . . . two out of three share financial decisions . . . and two in three split chores evenly.
2. Have lots of sex: Three out of five couples said they have sex at least twice a week . . . one in three have it at least four times a week . . . and 16% of couples do it EVERY DAY.
3. Be affectionate when you're NOT having sex: 69% of happy couples kiss each other and show affection several times a day.
4. Be honest: 70% are always honest with each other . . . and don't even tell little white lies.
5. Stay in shape: Three in four couples say it's important to be in shape . . . and 18% say their partner's physical appearance is the thing they're most attracted to.
6. Don't talk about politics: 37% of happy couples say they NEVER talk about politics . . . and another 47% rarely talk about it.
7. Be the same religion: 71% of happy couples have the same religious beliefs.
8. Communicate: 72% have in-depth conversations about work . . . life . . . and family on a regular basis.
The ground breaking debut CD,"The World From The Side Of The Moon" from last seasons American Idol winner Phillip Phillips is a breath of fresh air.I have to admit,I was hooked from my first listening. It is obvious that on his first outing for Interscope Records that his major musical influences include Dave Mathews and even a hint of Mumford and Sons.The first single,"Home" is already a smash hit,with over 4 million copies sold here in the U.S. "Home" is the best selling single of any American Idol contestant before Phillips,including Kelly Clarkson. The latest single,"Gone,Gone,Gone" is already lighting up the airwaves here at The Point.
Phillips,21,a native of Georgia, will kick-off a summer tour with John Mayer in July.That show will roll into Farm Bureau Live,here in Virginia Beach on August 24th.
My favorite tracks from the new CD include: "Man On The Moon","So Easy","Drive Me",and "Get Up Get Down".
And don't forget to listen to Barry Mckay in the afternoons for your chance to win a copy of "The World From The Side Of The Moon' and tickets for the John Mayer/Phillip Phillips concert at Farm Bureau Live!
And as always,Crank it up and rock the rafters!