Here are eight foods that can make you look younger . . .
1. Watermelon. It has lycopene, which acts like a natural sunscreen and prevents UV damage. One serving is like putting on SPF 3.
2. Pomegranates. They have a ton of antioxidants that increase collagen production in your skin, to prevent wrinkles.
3. Blueberries. The vitamin C and vitamin E help brighten your skin.
4. Lobster and other shellfish. The zinc accelerates the renewal of skin cells, and it can help with acne.
5. Kale. The vitamin K helps with blood clotting, which can prevent you from getting dark circles under your eyes. It also has a ton of iron, and if you don't have enough iron in your diet, you start to look pale.
6. Cantaloupe. The vitamin A helps prevent your pores from getting clogged.
7. Avocados. The omega-9 fatty acids help your skin retain moisture and look young.
8. Walnuts. The omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E help keep your hair looking healthy. They're also loaded with copper, and researchers think that having a copper deficiency is one of the things that causes grey hair.
(1) Gwyneth Paltrow runs a website called goop.com. It was "launched" from her kitchen in 2008.
According to the website, "goop has become a place for GP to introduce some of the incredible experts who have mentored her throughout her life to a wider audience, and a place where readers can find suggestions about where to shop, eat, and stay from a trusted friend—not from an anonymous, crowd-sourced recommendation engine."
(2) Gwyneth and goop recommend that women pee in the shower for their inner health. This from the woman who consciously uncoupled late last year.
Directly from the site, so you know I'm not making it up: "Try peeing in the shower squatting down. When you squat to pee as opposed to sitting up straight on the toilet, you automatically engage your pelvic floor and it naturally stretches and tones. Because your urethra is pointed straight down in this position all you have to do is relax for urine to flow out easily—as opposed to sitting up straight and having to strain to empty your bladder."
So what do you think, ladies? Can you do it? Will you do it?
Scientists came to the rescue in a MacGyver sort of way last week to save a nine-year-old killer whale found stranded on some rocks on the coast of British Columbia.
They think the orca got caught at low tide chasing a seal, and was unable to get back into the water.
According to The Daily Mail:
"The group designed what it called a 'MacGyver type water pump' to keep the animal from drowning, and ultimately were able to keep the nine-year-old mammal alive until high tide freed her that evening."
Pretty amazing stuff. Here's the video of the whale swimming free...
Bobbi Kristina Brown's family reported that she passed away last night at the age of 22.
The daughter of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown was found unconscious and unresponsive in her bathtub six months ago.
She never regained consciousness.
The Houston family issued a statement: "Bobbi Kristina Brown passed away July, 26 2015, surrounded by her family. She is finally at peace in the arms of God. We want to again thank everyone for their tremendous amount of love and support during these last few months."